Friday, May 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

Unemployment is in a way a job. If you treat it like work, it will be much easier to make it through the tough times. If you get lazy and treat it like an extended vacation its going to be harder to land on your feet.

I get up everyday at a reasonable hour,take a shower, and get dressed like I'm going to work. I have my coffee, walk to the store for a newspaper and a pack of cigarettes, maybe run across the street to get a donut, and head home. The first thing I do when I get there is turn to the classifieds and see if there are any jobs listed. Most days there are not, but the day I stop looking is going to be the day my dream job is posted.

After browsing the paper, I head into my "office" and its off to the internet to browse the job boards. I don't limit myself to monster.com, I am on craigslist, careerbuilder, and helmetstohardhats. Anywhere that I can find classifieds I am looking. I have done this for two years now, and I will do this for two more, until I have a job.

I don't limit myself to what I want to do. In this economy you need to be willing to do anything that will put money in the bank. I have applied at fast food restaurants, hotels, police and fire departments, cable companies. I once applied for a job as a nanny. If it comes with a paycheck, I send them a resume. I have applied for over two thousand jobs, and still counting. Someday will be my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment