Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time

The hardest part of being unemployed are the endless hours in a day that used to be filled with work. Now I sit around the house and think. Everyday that goes by without a response to an application weighs heavily on the mind. I begin to feel less and less valuable to society.

The hardest thing I do is convince myself to stay positive and keep trying. I always tell my self "Today is the day, for real!". I fire up my computer and hit all of the job search sites and send my resume off to every job I can. Once I have applied for every "outside sales job" monster.com has to offer, I grab the newspaper and look for something there. One day it really will be the day if I keep trying.

It is hard not to get depressed when you have mailed out thousands of resumes and only got two interviews. It is heart-breaking when McDonalds won't even call you back to be a fry cook. I spent eight years serving in the Military, and I now have to beg for enough money to get a suit from the goodwill if I ever get an interview. Unemployment is not going to break my spirit though, I am going to keep on going to school and keep on trying to work, and someday, it will turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment